It appears Corona Virus or Covid-19 is all we have been focusing on as a society lately. I’m here to share some ideas on how we can get through this together!
1. Stay informed but set limits. Do not watch the news or read online 24/7 about what’s going on. Set boundaries with how long you listen to the media and also look at credible sources, such as Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), or Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH).
2. Practice social distancing but facetime and talk to family and friends. This does not mean you have to completely isolate. Reach out for support now more than ever.
3. Follow a daily routine but give yourself some freedom. With many people working from home or doing e-Learning, it can be helpful to come up with a schedule for your day to help complete what you need to get done. However, enjoy this time and do some things you have been meaning to do if you can, such as reorganize your closet, cook a new dish, or watch another episode of a Netflix show.
4. Get moving. Whether it is a home workout, bike ride in your neighborhood, or vacuuming your house, we all know exercise is healthy and can be so helpful especially in a time like this.
5. Focus on what you can control. I know it is terrifying thinking about people getting sick, however that is not in our control. What is in our control is washing our hands, eating well and staying hydrated, practicing good hygiene, and making life adjustments during this time.
6. However you feel is ok. Maybe you feel happy you get to work from home. Maybe you are upset things were cancelled. I hope that these things will be rescheduled. Just remind yourself this is temporary and we will get through this.
There you have it. Also, remember that all our counselors are participating in telehealth
(video/phone sessions) so feel free to schedule a session today. Finally, I would like to leave you with this quote from author Laura Kelly Fanucci: